On this the 149th year of my Homeland’s birth, I offer up a few facts:
- Established on July 1, 1867 (Patriation April 17, 1982)
- Capital City: Ottawa, Ontario
- Population: 2016 Estimate 36,155,487 (37th in the world)
- Land Area: 9,984,670 sq km or 3,854,085 sq miles (2nd in the world) divided up into 10 provinces and 3 territories
- Official Languages: English and French
- Regional Languages: Chipewyan, Cree, Gwich’in, Inuinnaqtun, Inuktitut, Inuvialuktun, North Slavey, South Slavey, Tlinchon
- Government: Federal parliamentary democracy
- Prime Minister: Justin Trudeau
Happy Canada Day!
Image Credit: This work has been released into the public domain by its author, E Pluribus Anthony at the English Wikipedia project. This applies worldwide.